tirsdag 10. januar 2023

Minner fra mitt kjære Irland

Dunguire Castle - the reasen why I went to Ireland for the first time was this castle. 

I found å picture of the castle in a book and made a painting based on the picture.

After I have finished the painting I was a little disappointed because I had made a picture after another mans photo, so I decided to find the castle and take my own pictures.

That resulted in seven tours to Ireland - seven years in a row, renting a car and driving everywhere without å plan in the beginning, but for each new journey it became more planning and more specific things I wanted to see.

Dunguire Castle is close to a little village, Kinvara, in the Galway bay.

Kinvara became my "hometown" in Ireland an the last days on every journey was spent here.

Dunguire Castle by night

 

Not far from Kinvara there was a place called Poulnabrone, a dolmen (portal grave) also called "The Druids Alter" and this grave is from around 3000 years b.c.

Well, since I probably will not come to Ireland anymore, I needed somthing to have on the wall in my living room, so I made a painting and this is it.

Not a piece of art, but I can look at it every day and be there in my mind.




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar